In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1banco central masculine
- For example, there is a particularly heavy emphasis on the role of central banks and monetary policy.
- How does the Federal Reserve System stack up in comparison with other central banks?
- Seldom before has a move by a central bank to tighten monetary policy been greeted with such a surge of enthusiasm.
- On Monday the Japanese central bank adopted a policy of zero interest rates to help revive the economy.
- What they mean by that is that the central bank must avoid policies that aim at zero inflation.
- Foreign central banks knew full well that their currencies are in the same boat as the dollar.
- There are several examples of when central banks like the Federal Reserve have done this.
- Modern central banks pronounce economic and monetary stability as their target.
- Understood, there has been a run on the banking system, and the central bank has lost a lot of reserves.
- These are the doubts preoccupying central banks and finance ministries round the world.
- It is also a widespread myth that central banks are inaugurated in order to check inflation by commercial banks.
- First, a conflict with the internal monetary policies of central banks may arise.
- That was followed by serious mistakes by the Federal Reserve and other central banks.
- There is no doubt that in making monetary policy, central banks need an extensive network of information gathering.
- That hunger for U.S. debt by foreign central banks has certainly been tempered.
- The central bank's tight monetary policy has presented severe problems for the business community.
- We can define a bubble as activities that spring up on the back of loose monetary policy of the central bank.
- The central bank has recently invited more commercial banks into the Namibian market.
- However, eurozone central banks will continue to exchange notes of the old national currencies indefinitely.
- As long as this pool is growing the central bank can get away with loose monetary policies for a long period of time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.