In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1departamento de contratación de actores masculine
- It hurts that his character is a rich suburban dad from central casting, written as flat as possible in order to maximize the contrast with his explosive moment of violence.
- I had no desire to be someone out of central casting for the current hit movie The Forty Year Old Virgin.
- She seemed to have been sent from central casting.
- They weren't - I didn't get them from central casting, no matter what you've read.
- The baddies are right out of central casting, eccentric to the hilt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.