In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Based on this information, nurses ensure that patients receive appetizing food that is arranged attractively to enhance the cephalic phase of pancreatic secretion.
- Pancreatic juice secretion occurs in three phases: cephalic, gastric, and intestinal.
- Brachial plexuses receiving a branch from the fourth cervical nerve are more cephalic with reference to the vertebral column and have been designated as high or prefixed.
- At this point, it branches into the cephalic vein on the lateral aspect of the biceps muscle and the basilic vein on the medial side of the muscle.
- It may pass over the clavicle and open into the cephalic, subclavian, or internal jugular.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.