In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(pot) de cerámicaceramic art — cerámica feminine
- ceramic tile — (for walls) azulejo
- Then, he scooped some of the stew into a ceramic bowl.
- The inspiration for this clay project came from ceramic dishes that I purchased on a family trip to Greece.
- Clay or ceramic pots are the best choice for cacti.
- To make the cologne, first add two cups of tightly packed lemon balm leaves to a ceramic bowl, pour in 600 ml boiling water, cover and allow to steep overnight.
- A nest box with heat lamp or ceramic heater should always be provided if birds are left outside at night or on rainy days.
- In 2001, Kallmeyer and another engineer, Rich McCray, began working on a specialized case to hold a ceramic heat exchanger.
- By heating with glass or ceramic containers, you achieve the same result without the dioxin contamination.
- Remove from heat, pour into a ceramic bowl, add fifteen drops each of the lavender and sandalwood essential oil and beat until cool and creamy.
- We decided on a blueprint, which included a March date for a banquet where we would sell ceramic bowls, made by students, filled with soup, also made by students.
- It arrived in a small ceramic pot heated by a candle, along with a variety of fruit, including banana, strawberry and pineapple.
- You could also use smaller glazed ceramic bowls from the nursery as coolers.
- I liked the negative space in the birdbath, and had been using it to drape clay slabs for large ceramic plates in my personal work.
- A ceramic bowl spills over with a hearty stew of calamari, shrimp, flanks of fish, mussels and scallops in a mild and vaguely sweet tomato-fennel sauce.
- To make your mouth wash, place one handful of fresh rosemary leaves, one peppermint tea bag, and 10 cloves in a ceramic bowl, then pour two cups of boiling water over them.
- To make a herb bag, mix together, in a ceramic bowl, four tablespoons of dried lavender, half a teaspoon of orrisroot powder and three drops of lavender essential oil.
- Place mush (which may now be brown) into a cool ceramic bowl.
- My companions tried Baked Bacon, and Baked Cheese, dishes that also weighed in at 450g and were served sizzling hot in ceramic bowls.
- At night, they turned their talents to making pots and ceramic sculpture from Blossburg clay.
- We've translated this ancient ceramic art to polymer clay to produce pieces that are individually unique in design and colors.
- At the age of 13 he began contributing to the family income by taking jobs calling for artistic talent, such as decorating ceramic cups, bowls and vases.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.