1she's a dead cert to win an award — seguro que se lleva un premio
- that's a cert — de eso no cabe la menor duda
- Another two evictions are due on Sunday, and I can tell you that while one candidate looks to be a dead cert for eviction, two others are neck-and-neck.
- Nevertheless, Mourinho still looks a dead cert for the top boss award since the panellists appear to have neither the imagination nor the inclination to look beyond the manager of the Premiership Champions.
- Despite injuries he is a near cert to travel and is likely to be given the troublesome left midfield role.
- But then again, Coca-Cola UK chief Penny Hughes was heavily tipped in some of the papers as a dead cert for the chairmanship of Channel Four.
- Tofting is a cert to go to the World Cup with Denmark while Frandsen is battling to go to the finals again after playing in France '98.
- Clover's running for Lord Mayor - which she may or may not win; but she's also running for Councillor on the new City of Sydney Council, which she'd have to be a dead cert to pick up.
- She's a dead cert to get in a second time.
- The little chap is also a dead cert for This Morning with Fern Britton and Phillip Schofield because, according to The Sun, his people discovered a rather radical diet regime.
- Michael Caine, who is up for best supporting actor for his role in The Cider House Rules, has been tipped as a dead cert in a poll of Oscar voters by The Wall Street Journal.
- There will always be a place for Frederic in the Waiheke Island rugby team, and he would be a dead cert for the Ponsonby Heroes.
- Martin Ferris's campaign is Sinn Féin's top priority but he isn't a dead cert because anything can happen in Kerry North.
- Arnie was already a dead cert to win the recall election in California, but getting Buffett on board is a stroke of genius.
- He was a cert for the Walker Cup and does not get selected.
- And don't think that Brown's a dead cert for PM in three or four years time.
- ‘I think Paula is a dead cert,’ says the 67-year-old former Commonwealth champion.
- Nicky Butt is a cast iron cert to go to the World Cup with England this summer.
- Egan wasn't going to let this cant stand, and got up in the Adjournment Debate to let off a few barrels at the hot and bothered Greens, who had thought that their John Kaye was a dead cert for the Senate.