In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At home, the cooked meat can be kept hot in a warm oven, in a chafing dish or slow cooker, or on a warming tray.
- Hot foods can be kept at serving temperatures in chafing dishes or in casserole dishes over tea candles.
- The big corporate dinner was in the hotel sports bar and consisted of a bowling-pin-bedecked table of chafing dishes filled with burgers, fries, fried mozzarella, and chicken wings.
- Almost complete local vessels have been recovered, including a rare chafing dish.
- For the chilly version of a chafing dish, serve bowls or cups of food on ice-filled trays, platters, or foil pans.
- If I would tell her to check to make sure the flames in the Sterno pots weren't too high under the chafing dishes, she would go over and make sure the caprese salad appetizer was full.
- The second one broke three plates, a nice chafing dish, and a food processor, and all he was trying to do was mix up some tuna salad.
- On our way into the sleeky curved a la carte dining room, we had inspected an array of chafing dishes, tiered salads and carved-to-order meat stations that looked mighty like a buffet.
- Friday night my wife went to a cookware party - everyone buys a chafing dish, and the hostess gets 50% off a full set of pots and pans.
- A covered chafing dish sat on the sideboard, flanked by a glass-enclosed display of pastries and fresh fruit on one side and a nice selection of fruit and vegetable juices in liter bottles set into a tub of crushed ice on the other.
- When I went to get water for the chafing dishes, I was informed the only source of water was a garden hose down by the old grain trough.
- Often these gatherings are held in dimly lit rooms with portable bars and chafing dishes of chicken fingers, meatballs, cheese cubes, and dip.
- If hot food must sit out for longer than two hours, use warming trays, slow cookers or chafing dishes to keep the food hot.
- The fondue dish, called a caquelon - never deemed an essential part of the enjoyment of melted-cheese dishes - should not stop you making fondue and, if you should find yourself without one, try a chafing dish instead.
- One of the last times we catered, we were busy packing the last of the chafing dishes in the van and Mr. Freak asked if we would like a tour of the house.
- Metal chafing dishes, with or without their water bath jackets, also make suitable containers for fondue.
hornillo para mantener la comida caliente en la mesa
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.