In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1puente colgante de cadenas masculine
- We demonstrate that our complexes are attracted via the formation of chain bridges and that this attraction can be tuned by changing the fraction of charged monomers on the tails.
- The chain bridge is 157 m long and it hangs on two double chains which lead through two stone pylons on banks.
- Thangtong Gyalpo and his troupe of seven beautiful sisters then toured Tibet, raising money to construct a reputed fifty-eight iron chain bridges and a hundred and eight ferrycrossing stations.
- With unremitting efforts 'he built more than 40 chain bridges across the Yaluzangbu, the Lhasa and the Nianchu' not counting far more ferryboats and wooden bridges.
- As soon as the information about the British innovation of building chain bridges spread over the European continent, Adamic joined the group of the first designers of such a bridge.
- Moving along, visitors pass a kind of aquatic playground, with a chain bridge and cleverly designed kinetic water equipment for kids.
- No floods have occurred, and there are various kinds of bridges that lie across it, including ancient vine bridges, iron chain bridges and modern reinforced cement bridges.
- Many traditional chain bridges were built in the Baglung-District along trails.
- Lions Bridge was designed by the architect G. Tretter, one of the most prominent advocates of the early construction of chain bridges in the city.
- Follow the river for about three-quarters of a mile to a chain bridge.
- The bamboo chain bridges they built, laid with boards, stretch up to 100 meters with no nails and piers being used.
- However, its subsequent collapse, along with the failure of several other chain bridges, dampened interest in suspension structures for many years thereafter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.