In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1accionamiento por cadena masculine
- It was of the ‘buggy without the horse’ type, with wooden wheels, a kerosene engine, chain drive and the usual ‘worm and tiller’ steering.
- The new QR25 motor features continuously variable valve timing, a silent chain drive and a balancer system to reduce vibration.
- BMW's four-cylinder, 1200 cc engine and its shaft drive - instead of the normal chain drive - provide plenty of oomph to get up to highway speeds.
- Then, the chain drive slowly raised the large door.
- A chain drive from the motor turns the top pair of sprocketed wheels.
- They also utilize a track system to guide movement, and are powered by a small, 120-volt electric motor that operates a belt or chain drive to raise and lower the car at speeds of about 30 feet per minute.
- The guard covering the chain drive on the belt had worn out, exposing the mechanism.
- Ransom Eli Olds made his first cars in 1897, and his 1901 Oldsmobile Runabout had a horizontal single-cylinder 1.6-litre engine, two-speed planetary gearbox and chain drive.
- The in-wheel design avoids the use of noisy and inefficient gears and belt or chain drives.
- The chain drive had not been developed, so the pedals were attached to the front wheel hub (like the penny farthing), and this meant that women had to sit astride a saddle and put their legs well out in front of them.
- The Rover safety model, built at Coventry from 1885, had a rear-wheel chain drive and from 1888 pneumatic tyres could be fitted.
- While several rival Japanese V - 6 engines use belt cam drives, GM Powertrain chose chain drives for the new engine family.
- Electric-assist bicycles use four methods to integrate the motor with the vehicle's chain-works: tire drive, chain drive, torque-sensing and hub motor.
- The important advance in utility if not in efficiency in the Rover was to use chain drive from the pedals to the rear wheel.
- The engine has a single overhead cam with a compact chain drive and VTEC (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) system.
- Particularly, it is necessary to supply sufficiently the lubrication oil on a sprocket portion or a chain portion in an OHC engine with a chain drive.
- Powell inspected a Model T Ford made into a tractor/mower with 12-inch wide steel rear wheels and a chain drive with three-fourths-inch flat metal studs.
- Options include a diesel-powered motor installed in the trailer like current refrigeration units, bleeding pressurized air from the truck's supercharger, or a simple chain drive to turn air blowers from the trailer's wheels.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.