In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1reacción en cadena feminine
- Polymerase chain reaction products were examined by agarose gel electrophoresis and ethidium bromide staining.
- The new technologies virtually negate the need for examinations, and urine testing by polymerase chain reaction or ligase chain reaction is as effective as conventional testing.
- Once free radicals are produced, a chain reaction occurs wherein lipid peroxidation becomes self-perpetuating, generating more free radicals, and causing further harm.
- The entire process is the chain reaction called lipid peroxidation.
- During polymerization, the radical structure of monolignols may be retained after the linkage of an alcohol residue to a lignin polymer, causing a chain reaction or propagation of radicals.
- Once initiated, lipid peroxyl radical can propagate as a chain reaction by abstracting hydrogen atoms from unsaturated fatty acids in the vicinity.
- Lipoperoxidation occurs as a chain reaction initiated by free radicals, which propagates itself and can result in the formation of many equivalents of lipid peroxides.
- So only this isotope can be used to create a runaway chain reaction.
- Polymerase chain reaction and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays have been developed to test for infant botulism.
- Hydroxyl radical stimulates the chain reaction of lipid peroxidation by removing the first hydrogen atom.
- In the stratosphere, increased levels of H2 start a chain reaction that destroys ozone.
- Thousands or hundreds of thousands or even millions of these monomer fragments then add to each other in a chain reaction to form polymers.
- The hydroperoxyderivatives of PUFA can undergo autocatalytic degradation, producing radicals and thus initiating the chain reaction of lipid peroxidation.
- A chain reaction that has received a lot of attention in recent years is the reaction by which Freons deplete the ozone layer that protects us from ultraviolet radiation.
- They found that the heat released by breaking bonds was not enough to drive a chain reaction that could lead to explosion.
- When high concentrations of these pollutants accumulate and interact with sunlight, a chain reaction occurs.
- Dr D' Aniello had found in earlier experiments that injecting the amino acids into rats triggered a chain reaction of hormones that ended with the production of testosterone in males and progesterone in females.
- It can protect the polyunsaturated fatty acids in cell membranes from the autocatalytic chain reaction of lipid peroxidation.
- This means that when calcium is released from one area of the store it can cause the opening of adjacent calcium channels - resulting in a chain reaction.
- Nucleic acid amplification tests for chlamydia, including polymerase chain reaction, ligase chain reaction, and transcription mediated amplification assays, are more sensitive and highly specific.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.