In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1organización nacional que agrupa y representa a las cámaras de comercio locales
- According to the Chamber of Trade more needs to be done.
- In 1988 the Chamber of Trade wrote to Craven District Council and suggested setting up a group to look into Park and Ride by approaching Craven Cattle Marts.
- Miles away, Germany's Chambers of Trade and Commerce calculate Jena in the former DDR attracts more venture capital per person and business than any town of comparable size on the continent.
- Members of the Chamber of Trade, town centre management team and market manager all voiced strong objections to the site being used for a job centre and instead argued for retail space.
- The Chamber of Trade has been keen to push for a speedy resolution to the problem to encourage shoppers.
- The Chamber of Trade embraced the design and secured funding from Booths supermarket and the Countryside Agency.
- The Chamber of Trade wants as many people as possible to access Blackburn town centre, whether to work or shop.
- I am urging members of the Chamber of Trade to keep in touch with this development.
- The Chamber of Trade plans to meet Carnforth Town Council to discuss the issue on June 24.
- The Chamber of Trade will approach the council on issues affecting the town on behalf of businesses.
- Organisations like the Chambers of Trade and Commerce, the Hospitality Association, the Federation of Small Businesses and First Stop York actively welcome the involvement of businesses of all shapes and sizes.
- We agreed that they should meet more often, either through the Chamber of Trade and Industry or by presenting specific ideas for co-operation.
- The Chamber of Trade would collect the contributions.
- The Chamber of Trade will present its survey to Bradford Council planners when the application is decided.
- And it has been backed by the Chamber of Trade and the privately-funded town centre managers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.