- The sound behind him of the horses champing and snorting and the carriage creaking propelled him reluctantly up the stairs.
- The traveller champed meditatively at his steak.
- No kicking under the table or champing on food during silent grace. No skipping or running in the hallways.
- When a horse champs the bit, it is a sign that he no longer resists the action of the hand.
- His jaws champed spasmodically, froth appeared on his blackened lips.
- His horse in the silence champed the grasses
- There was a loud champing sound outside, and occasionally growls or grumbling.
- Troops of cowgirls in red, white and blue-fringed chaps astride champing horses followed the young men down the parade route.
- A pervasive gloom hung over this place, woven into the very stillness of the air, disturbed only by the thud of hooves on fallen leaves and now and then a soft clink as one of the mares champed her bit.
2(be eager)they were champing with impatience — saltaban de impaciencia
1campeón masculinecampeona feminine
- Will the defending champs repeat their victory, even though America has the home course advantage?
- I like the Vikings as NFC champs and Super Bowl runners-up.
- Well, we're going to pick your favorite as we compare the cyclist victories of some other longtime sporting champs.
- So Ferrari are defending champs in both championships.
- The match, at RFK stadium in Washington D.C., featured two giants of European football, Barcelona and reigning European champs, A.C. Milan.
- And there is his belief that Lennox Lewis is one of the five top-ranked heavyweight champs of all time, because he revenged his defeats and then chased Tyson, before obliterating him.
- When his wife runs off with the local darts champ, Colin sets off to Blackpool to win her back.
- The Japanese baseball champs douse their star with Sapporo beer (I love the beer goggles - literally).
- I went to high school with future champs.
- After the white oak the actual ranking of eastern champions becomes somewhat arbitrary because successive champs are often separated by only a few points.
- Back then retired champs used to go to and care about the big championship fights.
- Over the years, the number of national champs there dwindled as more and more people in the rest of the country joined in the search for big trees.
- After the successful launch of last year's snow season in Bulgaria's top winter resort of Bansko with Italian Alberto Tomba, another two skiing champs will cut the ribbon this year.
- And it's never too late to lace up and glide toward that dream: Carrier says her Silverbladers range in age from 18 to 70 and in skill from clueless beginners to former champs.
- An unseemly ruck developed for his services, before he eventually chose European champions Northampton ahead of English champs Leicester.
- It should be pointed out that 14 teams have only one player in the game, including the reigning NL champs, the Astros.
- Then there's the 2003 champ, Matthias, from Switzerland, who mounts fish and is starting to struggle with his conscience.
- No mistake, the Big East is among the country's best basketball conferences, boasting four different national champs in the last 20 years.
- The defending MLS Cup champs were the surprise of the league last year.
- Even the Super Bowl champs said goodbye to four integral players.