In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1actor de carácter masculine
- As an accomplished character actor, it was his total commitment to the spirit of each part that delighted critics.
- On his graduation in 1950 he worked as a character actor in repertory theatre, film and television.
- He is a wonderful combination of leading man and character actor, and I think he has that ability to transform himself in a way that most actors are not capable of doing.
- Not only does he have star quality, he also has the capacity to be a great character actor.
- I think we have a case of a good character actor in a place where a larger-than-life leading man is needed.
- What was it like growing up as the son of a legendary character actor?
- Brian Cox is a great character actor and does another superb job with his role.
- But I've always been a character actor, so that doesn't hugely affect me.
- The popular character actor said he was really overwhelmed to have won, having been nominated ‘in a category with some great, great, great actors’.
- He's the oddball who again proves his mettle as both a character actor and leading man.
- What's the best and worst part of being a character actor?
- The crowds included familiar faces from the era, including a character actor playing Winston Churchill.
- I don't mind that the movies I've been doing have been small roles, because I'm interested in a career as a character actor.
- He looked like a character actor from a tense psychological thriller set in Michigan or Kansas.
- I've later found out that I'd much rather be a character actor, and that's what I pride myself on.
- He's shown promise as a character actor in the past and he's also proven himself as a strong slapstick performer, but he fails to blend the two in this film.
- I've always thought of myself as a character actor.
- His father, the well-known character actor John Carradine, has a minor role as the owner of the train company.
- As a Hollywood character actor he made his name in gangster movies, surrounded by brooding middle-aged hoodlums who cracked their knuckles and lurked sullenly at his shoulder.
- He should have had a long and rich career as a character actor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.