In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1descripción de un personaje femininedescripción de un carácter feminine Mexico Colombia
- His lively recollections are concise and amusing, sprinkled with character sketches and enlivened by snatches of dialect.
- Pam also wrote poetry and perceptive character sketches.
- Many authors work this way, creating detailed notes, character sketches and plot outlines before filling in the blanks with prose.
- The public showed an increasing appetite for light essays, character sketches, vignettes and urban panoramas, which were to be found on the back pages, or feuilletons, of daily journals and magazines.
- This brief character sketch features a woman whose easy and caring demeanor remedies modern life.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.