In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bebida de bajo contenido en alcohol que se toma después de otra más fuerte
- He thought about buying a whisky chaser to go with the beer but decided against it.
- One winter they ran out of beer, so people were drinking shots of whiskey with red-wine chasers.
- She drank a beer as chaser to a Vodka double on ice.
- The two men were soon well on their way to getting seriously drunk, downing shots of tequila with beer chasers one after another.
- Promoting it can be good, for business, but be careful not to turn it into an excuse for customers to overindulge with shots of tequila and beer chasers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.