In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1chav femininebakala feminine Spain
- Not only are we under constant threat from terrorists, asylum cheats and bogus chavs, honest citizens are now being oppressed by tops with hoods on them.
- I would say it was fairly classless - I encountered posh people and the chavviest of chavs, and everything in between.
- ‘We loved Sophie McGill on the subject of chavs,’ he writes.
- If I ever mention pikies, or chavs, it's simply as a white, working class kid from a council estate writing about other white, working class kids on the same council estate.
- He is England's most exciting young footballing talent, a teenage multi-millionaire… and a chav.
- Similarly, I can't spot who are the chavs and who aren't.
- The old bill are very interested in these two chavs, because they've been very active recently, nicking stuff from all and sundry, but they've got no hard evidence on which they can get a warrant to search their house.
- Then I spot a group of five or six real chavs in hooded tops and trackie bottoms sitting on a wall by a bus stop.
- Yesterday the chavs were debating age differences in relationships.
- What are the chavs of today going to look back on with fond memories?
- Mullets, bad wigs and chavs have all been outed.
- This precinct of shops is habitually used by a bunch of local chavs to hang out, harass people going to said shops, smoke, drink and be generally chav-ish.
- Having a moan has become fashionable, whether it's about grammar, chavs or cheap furniture.
- Yet a belief in copycat behaviour goes hand in hand with a low opinion of proletarian chavs, seeing a thug lurking under every baseball cap.
- You turn slowly to face a schoolyard packed with chavs in baseball caps and tracksuits, the uniform for our times.
- I have to say, the chavs round here are still wearing shellsuits, and leggings with white stilettos.
- So with brain power that isn't far behind that of the local chavs they wreak havoc in the village street and it's the chavs that get the blame.
- Beyond proving that British chavs lead the world in teenage debauchery there are other interesting statistical snippets.
- The anti-social behaviour of male chavs seems to reflect their realisation that they are an underclass, not really needed any more, except when young for unskilled manual jobs.
- Has nobody else worked out that you simply can't go around letting these chavs get their hands on cocaine without expecting a giant leap in the number of dead common assaults?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.