In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1chuleta feminineacordeón masculine Mexicocomprimido masculine Colombia Perumachete masculine River Platetorpedo masculine Chile informal
- They often take our endorsements into the ballot box as a cheat sheet.
- Also, there's a cheat sheet at the bottom for my friends on the web, if you'd like to look at that.
- And then Danah gave us the comprehensive cheat sheet on where we all are.
- It was, in effect, a cheat sheet to help commissioners keep themselves out of prison.
- She twice forgot the words, then retreated to get her cheat sheet, only to slip on the ice and bump her butt against the red line.
- She watched as Allison took her science test with her cheat sheet.
- Jackson had a typed cheat sheet on his wristband.
- I give customers a cheat sheet, tell them why I chose to lay out the flight this way and what to expect.
- Unfortunately, today even this rough data is not that easy to gather from all the articles you read and mailers you get; and if you forget your cheat sheet at home, you might just not vote on some issues, or make a very rough guess.
- I picked up a beautifully printed and colour coded cheat sheet.
- If you don't have the patience to figure out the codes and play the games, there's a cheat sheet that allows the viewer to see what's inside the section.
- Here's a cheat sheet demonstrating the support.
- Consider the case of a student who provides the correct answer to a test question, but who has simply copied from a cheat sheet that has been brought into the classroom.
- Allison comes to take her test, asks for some scrap paper, and pulls out the colored cheat sheet.
- And as dorky as it may seem to take out a cheat sheet in the middle of a tempest, I find myself tempted to make up a set of cards to keep in my pocket.
- A cheat sheet sure would help - something that will tell you what you need to know about baseball's final month of the regular season… and fast.
- How many people copy assignments and bring in cheat sheets to exams?
- My short-term memory sucks, so I spent some time over the weekend reading up on obscure ballot measures and scribbling notes on a cheat sheet so I could just walk in, fill in the dots, then leave.
- I have my little cheat sheet to take to the polls so I'll know which candidates are really Republicans.
- This cheat sheet will tell you which numbers are worth crunching.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.