In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1queso masculineblue cheese — queso azul
- to cut the cheese — echarse uno
- before noun cheese spread — queso cremoso para untar
- cheese straws — palitos de queso
- To test my theory I've decided to eliminate all food made with cheese, butter or milk from his diet.
- She says she can find animal-free alternatives for staples such as meat, bread, milk, cheese, butter, yoghurt, and ice cream in the local supermarket.
- I'm proud to say that I am part of an industry that produces some of the best milk, cheese, butter, cream and yogurt in the world.
- Milk, cheese and butter could play havoc with cholesterol and do nasty things to the arteries.
- What are you gonna do with all that butter, milk and cheese?
- She made a ham and cheese sandwich and drank milk.
- Milk, butter, cheese and yogurt are an integral part of the Irish diet.
- Most are not eating enough cereals, breads, potatoes, milk, cheese and dairy products.
- Kyla should make sure she has cereal, yogurt, cheese and/or milk every day.
- We didn't even go downstairs for lunch, though Mom brought up grilled cheese sandwiches and milk for us.
- After stocking the land with dairy cows, they became self-supporting in butter, milk and cheese.
- Another common intolerance is to dairy products, including cow's milk, cheese, yoghurt and cream.
- Exclude dairy foods - milk and cheese are possible irritants to the lungs as they produce large amounts of mucus.
- In summer it was normal to live on milk, butter, cheese curds and whey, while in autumn a number of cattle were killed, their beef being salted to eat during the winter.
- Surely it is also dedicated to getting people to buy as much milk, cheese, butter, yogurt and ice cream as possible?
- Eat a well-balanced diet including high calcium foods such as milk, cheese, yogurt, and green leafy vegetables.
- As for taste and texture, soy cheese and soy yogurt are virtually indistinguishable from cow's milk varieties.
- Good sources of calcium include dairy products such as milk, yogurt, cheese, ice cream and tofu.
- It is important to eat several servings of calcium-rich foods daily, such as milk, cheese and yogurt.
- CLA is found in beef and some other meats, as well as in dairy products such as milk, cheese, butter, and yogurt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.