In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1queso masculineblue cheese — queso azul
- to cut the cheese — echarse uno
- before noun cheese spread — queso cremoso para untar
- cheese straws — palitos de queso
- It is important to eat several servings of calcium-rich foods daily, such as milk, cheese and yogurt.
- Another common intolerance is to dairy products, including cow's milk, cheese, yoghurt and cream.
- Eat a well-balanced diet including high calcium foods such as milk, cheese, yogurt, and green leafy vegetables.
- Surely it is also dedicated to getting people to buy as much milk, cheese, butter, yogurt and ice cream as possible?
- Most are not eating enough cereals, breads, potatoes, milk, cheese and dairy products.
- Milk, butter, cheese and yogurt are an integral part of the Irish diet.
- We didn't even go downstairs for lunch, though Mom brought up grilled cheese sandwiches and milk for us.
- Kyla should make sure she has cereal, yogurt, cheese and/or milk every day.
- In summer it was normal to live on milk, butter, cheese curds and whey, while in autumn a number of cattle were killed, their beef being salted to eat during the winter.
- What are you gonna do with all that butter, milk and cheese?
- Good sources of calcium include dairy products such as milk, yogurt, cheese, ice cream and tofu.
- To test my theory I've decided to eliminate all food made with cheese, butter or milk from his diet.
- Exclude dairy foods - milk and cheese are possible irritants to the lungs as they produce large amounts of mucus.
- She made a ham and cheese sandwich and drank milk.
- She says she can find animal-free alternatives for staples such as meat, bread, milk, cheese, butter, yoghurt, and ice cream in the local supermarket.
- Milk, cheese and butter could play havoc with cholesterol and do nasty things to the arteries.
- As for taste and texture, soy cheese and soy yogurt are virtually indistinguishable from cow's milk varieties.
- After stocking the land with dairy cows, they became self-supporting in butter, milk and cheese.
- I'm proud to say that I am part of an industry that produces some of the best milk, cheese, butter, cream and yogurt in the world.
- CLA is found in beef and some other meats, as well as in dairy products such as milk, cheese, butter, and yogurt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.