In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1chef masculinejefe de cocina masculinejefa de cocina feminine
- I'd never been to a restaurant where a chef completely decides what you're going to eat and drink.
- I thought I was writing the book for cooks and chefs and restaurant people in the New York area.
- Cash will be the vital ingredient as celebrity chefs cook up a special fundraising treat for charity.
- I have never met a chef who enjoys cooking vegetarian food, it confuses them.
- Two other celebrity chefs have opened restaurants in Scotland recently.
- The restaurant employs five chefs and spends tens of thousands of pounds in training its cooks.
- Several local companies also supported the competition by donating produce for the young chefs to cook.
- The best way to ‘winterise’ your fish is to do what restaurant chefs do and treat it as if it were meat.
- When you're eating in a restaurant and the chef comes over to your table you feel special.
- There were plenty of other chefs to help cook, so the task did not take as long as she thought it would.
- That means the chefs cook and the wine experts pour wine and talk about it.
- With the experienced management team and the excellent chefs, this restaurant should do well.
- These will be bought by patrons and the chefs will cook it according to specifications.
- However I would have to pity the poor chef who has to cook their pre-match and after match meals!
- Their livers were then cut out and borne in triumph to a local restaurant, where the chef was ordered to cook them.
- Each sous chef has four assistant chefs under him who, in turn, have trainee cooks under them.
- The restaurant changed its chef quite recently and we haven't been able to inspect it since.
- She praised the efforts of the restaurant's four chefs and five other members of staff.
- Twenty-three per cent of chefs and cooks said that they were satisfied in their jobs.
- But there are plenty of professional chefs who find it hard to cope when it comes to camp cooking.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.