In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1quelatarformar quelatoschelated mineral — mineral quelatado masculine
- EDTA chelates divalent cations and thus prevents the formation of the inactive complex.
- ALA not only may help chelate heavy metals but is important for replenishing GSH levels.
- When EDTA chelates the ions, the solution changes to the blue color of the indicator in alkaline solution.
- It chemically captures, or chelates, excess iron but must be given intravenously or by injection.
- However, quinolones chelate with cations such as aluminum, magnesium, calcium, iron, and zinc.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.