In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(scientist)químico masculinequímica feminine
- Unlike clinical psychologists, research chemists look for underlying reaction mechanism.
- Around the same time, chemists began drawing the connection between carbon dioxide and plant life.
- Materials chemists spend a lot of time and money researching and developing metallic materials.
- Mathematicians don't do experiments the way chemists or biologists or other ‘natural scientists’ do.
- He became a research chemist, then a chemistry and physics teacher at Campbell County High School in Tennessee.
- The first person to appreciate the meaning of such experiments was the English chemist and physicist Henry Cavendish.
- Enthalpy is more useful to chemists than energy when measuring the heat involved in chemical reactions.
- It also allows chemists to study molecules without the fear of laboratory accidents and environmental hazards.
- My husband was a research chemist working on propellants - a real rocket scientist.
- One researcher with perhaps the greatest reason to hope for success in producing silicon was the English chemist and physicist Humphry Davy.
- Take for example vinegar, more formally known to chemists as acetic acid, CH 3 COOH.
- In flavor production, chemists use steam distillation in preparative and analytical chemistry.
- For instance, consider a chemist who is doing an experiment involving carbon dioxide.
- The career consultants are a group of more than 70 experienced chemists ready and eager to assist you.
- In the field of catalysis, chemists have been searching for catalysts that are stable at high temperatures.
- Group theory is one of a number of branches of mathematics that have proven useful to chemists and physicists in their work.
- Only in recent years, with the advent of ultrashort-pulsed lasers, have physicists and chemists observed chemical reactions as they unfold.
- Now chemists are even using isotopes to help the government enforce its laws.
- My father is a chemist, working on research of elements such as carbon.
- Molecular orbital theory is the best explanation of molecular bonding that chemists have.
2British(pharmacist)farmacéutico masculinefarmacéutica femininedispensing chemist — farmacéutica feminine
- at the chemist's — en la farmacia
- The higher professional category includes chemists, vets, dentists and barristers.
- In some cases, accommodation is also provided to dentists, chemists, opticians and social workers to create one-stop primary care centres.
- However, it did eventually run out, and the chemist reported that he was no longer allowed to supply it, because the mercury content was potentially dangerous.
- Sepa officials are stunned that chemists have been illegally disposing of controlled drugs in this way.
- There is still the image that chemists simply dispense medicine after a visit to the doctor.
- It's also worth pointing out that Louis Pasteur - a chemist, not a doctor - was operating on homeopathic principles when he invented the vaccine.
- On leaving school, Walter was briefly apprenticed to a chemist in Birmingham and spent his leisure time attending medical lectures.
- Doctors and chemists are being asked to recommend and dispense ORS as the first line of therapy for diarrhoea.
- Doctors noticed an alarming gap between the number of prescriptions written out by doctors and the number actually presented to chemists, revealing that many young people do not bother collecting their medicines.
- If you have allergies that cause nasal congestion, try an oral or spray decongestant available from your chemist.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.