In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Cancer treatment using chemotherapy or radiotherapy can also make men infertile.
- David endured gruelling chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment as well as major surgery.
- Many cancer cells damaged by chemotherapy can go on to repair their DNA and then reform.
- You will need to visit hospital a number of times to have radiotherapy or chemotherapy.
- Beryl now has to make a decision about having chemotherapy because the cancer has spread.
- There seemed only a slim chance she would survive but after chemotherapy the cancer went away.
- Some of it is because we use chemotherapy, some of it is because we use radiation therapy.
- Medicines are available which reduce the side-effects of chemotherapy such as nausea.
- In addition he developed lung cancer, though he seemed to have responded well to chemotherapy.
- Current chemotherapy is much safer and more effective than previous treatments.
- If the cancer has spread to the liver or lungs, then chemotherapy is often tried first.
- We can offer you treatment with chemotherapy, and I would definitely advise you to accept it.
- When chemotherapy failed to induce remission he made a brave decision not to have any more.
- Radiotherapy or chemotherapy may also be required if the cancer has spread.
- The youngster had to undergo treatment which included radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- The main treatments for bone cancer are chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and surgery.
- This is used less often than surgery and chemotherapy to treat ovarian cancer.
- Different chemotherapy drugs may be used alone or in combinations of two or more drugs.
- Her treatment was a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy followed by a lumpectomy.
- Usually small cell lung cancers spread quickly, and the best treatment is chemotherapy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.