In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tablero de ajedrez masculine
- He's no doubt sitting in a room somewhere, still with his pocket chessboard, going through chess games.
- One can teach the strategy of chess while the other facilitates creating the chessboard and pieces.
- Inside it was a large chessboard with multiple chess figures shaped like humans.
- Orders for games included 48 chessboards and chessmen, 12 sets of fox and geese, 6 sets of jackstraws, 9 boxes of ninepins, and 3 sets of German tactics.
- The chessboard was still sitting there from last night, the game left unfinished.
- Also, it's the number of squares on the chessboard.
- The playground is now a more pleasant and interesting place for the children with grid games, such as hopscotch, jigsaws, target games and three chessboards with draught pieces.
- The stereotypical embodiment of such games is the classic chessboard, in all its variations.
- The pieces on the chessboard get removed, not the chess players.
- Just get away from the chessboard and any thoughts bringing you back to it, at least until your renewal is complete and you simply must play chess.
- Remember that even though your fantasy players seem like pawns on a chessboard, the game is played on the field.
- He sat in the dark living room, doing nothing but staring at the chessboard on the coffee table.
- His king offered him a reward, but instead of gold he asked for one grain of rice doubled for each successive square on a chessboard.
- ‘Board vision’ is the specialized ability to recognize what is happening on the chessboard.
- Great players have their own way of injecting life into any situation on the chessboard.
- Place the Queen on a chessboard and pass her over the entire sixty-four squares and back again to the point of beginning in fourteen moves.
- Ally's favorite photograph of the night was one of a chessboard that was perfectly set up, save for two pawns that had fallen over.
- Of all the pieces on a chessboard, the Knight is the most feared among beginners.
- The rows are set so that anyone traversing them will have a much smoother run moving in straight lines, like a castle on a chessboard.
- What more can one do than point to a chessboard and explain the rules of the game, perhaps paying particular attention to the black king as one does so?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.