In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1una miseria informalcalderilla feminine informal
- But that absolutely is chicken feed compared to the numbers that will be paid through a highly negotiated collective arrangement.
- If the member calls $20 million chicken feed, then the Government should be paying the extra $16 million.
- But this is chicken feed compared to the loss of earnings for a year of full-time study.
- Set against that, the cost of hiring a studio for a week and a couple of producers is chicken feed.
- Surely it's not for the £500,000 paid for the serialisation rights - pure chicken feed to Britain's richest footballer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.