In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1varicela femininepeste cristal feminine Chile
- This serious but rare condition may develop in children who are given aspirin when they have a fever or chickenpox.
- If a vaccinated child does get chickenpox, he or she generally has a mild case.
- Shingles is not infectious in the same way as chickenpox, where the virus can be passed on in coughs and sneezes.
- A person with shingles is contagious to people who haven't had chickenpox.
- Viruses like chickenpox spread mostly via the fluids of the nose and throat, usually during a cough or sneeze.
- When you get chickenpox, the virus lies dormant, tucked away in a nerve root.
- This is important if he is just getting over a flu-like illness or the chickenpox.
- A person usually has only one episode of chickenpox in his or her lifetime.
- As in chickenpox, it takes the form of blisters containing virus particles.
- Viruses including flu, herpes, measles and chickenpox can cause pneumonia.
- Some children were suffering from malaria, chickenpox and diarrhea.
- Generally, chickenpox is a milder illness for children than it is for adults.
- Can a pregnant woman catch chickenpox from a recently vaccinated child?
- Measles, mumps, rubella and chickenpox can all be far more serious if you contract them as an adult.
- The chickenpox rash is made up of lots of red blisters, which burst and then scab over.
- He was emphatic that chickenpox was not a milder version of smallpox and that the two were distinct maladies.
- It was once thought to be associated with infection, such as measles or chickenpox.
- The younger your child is when she gets chickenpox, the milder her symptoms will be.
- The sequence included chickenpox and flu, but more often it was tonsillitis that prevented her from practising, let alone playing.
- I'm still not that enthusiastic about either hepatitis B or chickenpox vaccines.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.