In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Almonds, walnuts, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas and sunflower seeds are healthy options.
- The soup is packed with healthy ingredients like garlic, carrots, chickpeas, and corn.
- Cut back and focus on getting more of your protein from vegetables like chickpeas and lima beans.
- For instance, instead of high fat chicken nuggets, try lean pieces of chicken or pulses such as beans or chickpeas.
- It's cold and tangy, a delicious vegetarian stew of eggplant, chickpeas, and onion in a chunky tomato sauce.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.