In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1niñez feminineinfancia feminine
- Unhealthy lifestyles and childhood obesity is a modern epidemic of the western world.
- I seemed to spend an inordinate amount of my childhood running away from people.
- Mortality in childhood is heavily influenced by deaths from motor vehicle accidents.
- You have to be ready to detail anything from childhood illnesses to the consistency of your stools.
- How many of our childhood friends will be married with families of their own?
- Of course she has not changed, she is the same despicable character she was in childhood.
- Ah, those far off days when childhood still retained the innocence that has been so sadly lost today.
- His childhood and youth were spent helping his father in unsuccessful farming ventures.
- I regard myself as very fortunate to have spent my childhood years in a very special place.
- Are your most formative years those of your early childhood or your early teens?
- She has said that there were periods in her childhood when learning proved difficult.
- To my childhood imagination, however, that girl seemed to be going off to a fate worse than death.
- It is about the loss of childhood innocence and the bruises of adult experience.
- The wisdom contained in the honey from wild bees made it a complete food for this childhood era of mankind.
- The effects of childhood malnutrition are a legacy reflected in his sunken features.
- Just as our concepts of childhood have changed, so have our concepts of childhood problems.
- Pushing the door in, she stood in wonder at the sight of her childhood friend.
- These findings come at a time of high official concern with childhood obesity.
- He is completing a lengthy poem about his childhood experiences of the Holocaust.
- As she grows up and matures, you will notice many of these childhood traits develop into adult ones.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.