In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1a prueba de niños
- Their home also needs to be altered to include childproof locks, catches and safety glass.
- The set up did not last long, as it was not childproof!
- She also got John to put childproof latches on all the cupboards that a small child might reach.
- Even handier for families: the dispensers have a childproof lock to prevent young children from having a field day with them.
- Make your home as childproof as possible to allow your baby to explore in safety without you having to fuss around with moving things out of the way.
- She is campaigning for what she calls ‘sensible’ gun control, advocating trigger locks, childproof guns and mandatory background checks at gun shows.
- The childproof, well-stocked play area has a two-way mirror that allows parents to peek in on their children without being seen.
- In the 6 to 1 ruling, the court rejected the mother's charge that the semi-automatic handgun was defective because it lacked a lock to make it childproof.
- I visited the lovely sun-shielded children's playground with my granddaughter and was astounded to find that the playground is not enclosed by a childproof fence.
- At home, keep medication locked in a childproof container.
- External controls are clearly a good idea, but if you are in danger of an attack by mischievous children attracted to an interesting dial go for a childproof element on the controls.
- This is the least awkward and most secure type of childproof lock we've seen, especially if you mount the control unit high on a wall where adults can easily see and reach it while kids cannot.
- Travel with a childproof doorknob cover so if the room doorknob is round you can use it.
- On the other hand, a childproof house prevents parents from repeatedly saying ‘no,’ while giving the child a greater sense of independence.
- Some of the biggest culprits are childproof caps, jar lids and the aseptic cartons used to house milk and juice.
- Seeing her frustration, her mom explained it was a childproof cap and she'd have to open it for her.
- A range of childproof locks is available to prevent accidents or injury in your home.
- Locked drawers and cabinets keep little hands safe, as do childproof safety covers for electrical outlets.
- She's one of those psychiatrists that would be a really nice person if she didn't have all the answers in amber bottles with childproof caps.
- Marnie had dreamed of having space for a childproof studio that she could lock up at night.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.