In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1chimpancé masculinelike a chimps' tea party — como una casa de locos
- That means that, on the strict taxonomic level, chimps and gorillas are hominids.
- Indeed such is the real content of many of the primate experiments with chimps and gorillas.
- Tom leaned up against the glass, making monkey faces at the chimps on the other side.
- If this ancient ape was anything like living chimps and gorillas, it depended mainly on fruits.
- The obvious thing to do to look for this pattern is to look at chimps, other apes and so on.
- One or a few chimps or gorillas become ill and then infect the other members of their family group.
- Bonobos and chimps, though genetically almost identical, have quite different social behaviours.
- Do apes / chimps shelter their children from knowledge of the world?
- The tigers paced desperately and the gorillas and chimps seemed listless and apathetic.
- The infection may have played a role in the evolution of such great apes as chimps and gorillas.
- The demon took control of the chimp, the chimp crashed the car, all the occupants died horribly, and then I woke up.
- More than 300 research chimps and monkeys retired, turned over to preserve.
- Now is that how it is that chimps or monkeys learn to use tools for example?
- So chimps and gorillas could harbour more deadly viruses capable of making the jump to people.
- The only conflict that we're finding between Ugandans and chimps and gorillas is crop raiding.
- Apparently, it's a synthesis of two germs from monkeys that a chimp caught by eating monkeys.
- About 7 million years ago, we last shared a common ancestor with the chimps and bonobos.
- He grins like a chimp, pouts like a chimp, walks like a chimp and even talks like a chimp would if chimps could talk.
- Gerri and other orphaned gorillas and chimps contribute to our education programme.
- Think of the old world monkey or apes, the gorilla, the chimp, the orangutan.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.