In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Orangutans and bonobos will be the first to go, then gorillas, and finally chimpanzees.
- Protected species such as elephants, gorillas and chimpanzees are prized, but illegal, pieces of meat.
- The Mercury flights lifted two rhesus monkeys, two chimpanzees, and six men into space.
- The argument is at its most powerful when it comes to the great apes chimpanzees, gorillas and orang-utans.
- Gorillas practice infanticide and chimpanzees hunt and torture baboons.
- We'll start with lower ones, and then work up to our closest relatives, the chimpanzee and bonobo.
- The apes are most likely a group of giant chimpanzees that display gorilla-like behavior.
- Critics argue that, as a result, young chimps never learn how to be chimpanzees.
- What is the most human-like behaviour you saw in chimpanzees?
- The net effect is that hunting bonobos, chimpanzees, and gorillas has now become big business.
- Wild chimpanzees and bonobos can be skilled at selecting tools for particular jobs.
- Humans and gorillas are sister taxa and are more closely related to one another than either is to chimpanzees or baboons.
- His favorite species for this work are chimpanzees, bonobos, and capuchin monkeys.
- No African fossil has ever been found that is related to chimpanzees or gorillas.
- The apes are a category of primates represented in Africa by gorilla, chimpanzees and bonobo.
- Her friendly demeanor is appreciated by all, especially by the monkeys, chimpanzees and even the gorilla.
- The apes nest on the ground like gorillas but have a diet and features characteristic of chimpanzees.
- The situation is most dire for primates such as bonobos, chimpanzees and gorillas.
- A 1996 case was even traced to hunters who skinned and chopped a chimpanzee found dead in the forest.
- Could some birds really be as intelligent as primates such as chimpanzees or bonobos?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.