In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1barrio chino masculine
- He had visited other Chinatowns in countries including Australia and America, and they were great cultural centres.
- There are Chinatowns and takeaways all over the world, but in Britain the culinary impact of China is dwarfed by the subcontinent.
- Satellite Chinatowns in Agincourt, Mississauga, Markham and Richmond Hill emerged in the late '80s and '90s.
- But for many Chinese, especially those American-Chinese from US Chinatowns, gambling is almost the only reason they visit Las Vegas.
- But while restaurants of this kind have chosen to confine themselves to metropolitan Chinatowns, Wang is outward looking.
- Chinese emigrants have established Chinatowns all over the world, and they can also serve as bridges for conducting business.
- The desertion hit us hard, largely because we already knew how difficult the situation was in Toronto's two downtown Chinatowns before SARS hit.
- But he feels the Beijing government has already scored some victories in Montreal and Chinatowns across the world.
- By the early twentieth century, over 80 percent of the Chinese population were found in Chinatowns in major cities in the United States.
- In the alleyways of Chinatowns across Australia, they whisper much the same story of being constantly shaken down by corrupt police.
- In fact, if I have one that looks exactly like you I can sell more pigs to the Chinatowns across the U.S.
- Perhaps the clearest example of irrational panic is the widespread avoidance of Chinese restaurants and Chinatowns in the USA.
- I finally gave up and started to eat my favorite Chinese food at Chinatowns.
- The decline of Butte's Chinatown that began in 1895 continued steadily for the next four decades as residents left to seek their fortunes in San Francisco and other cities where Chinatowns still flourished.
- The Greeks speak Greek in Greektown, the Chinese speak Madarin and Cantonese in the 2.5 Chinatowns, Italians speak Italian in Maple…
- There are Chinatowns all over the world from San Francisco to Havanna and we should welcome them just as we welcome our German, French and British friends.
- At night, the city is alive with theatre, music and comedy, and you can dine in Little India, Little Italy or four separate Chinatowns.
- We have a Greektown, three Chinatowns, Boystown for a reason.
- Take time to explore both Chinatowns and you'll find plenty to delight and surprise you, and a side to Canada that few people realise exists.
- The author notes that Chinatowns were periodically the theatre of feuds among Chinese gangs competing for the control of gambling and prostitution.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.