In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1chinche de los cereales masculine
- The product works as either a preventive or curative control for fire ants, mole crickets, sod webworms, cutworms, armyworms and chinch bugs.
- Although chinch bug numbers are not high in most fields, growers should check fields frequently during the next couple of weeks to identify problem fields.
- The chinch bug is a native North American insect that can destroy cultivated grass crops, especially sorghum and corn, and occasionally small grains, such as wheat and barley.
- Soybeans are not a chinch bug host and would be a better choice in these areas.
- He chuckles, ‘There's nothing a quail likes as much as a chinch bug.’
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.