In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ardilla listada feminine
- Small mammals, rats, field and house mice, rabbits, pocket gophers, chipmunks and squirrels make up 80-85 percent of their diet.
- I've seen squirrels without ears, and chipmunks with very short tails, and mice with beaky wee stabmarks in their chests!
- They prey chiefly on chipmunks and other rodents.
- Hawks circle above in search of mice, chipmunks, voles, and rabbits, which have less cover in which to hide.
- By sheer luck, no chipmunks or groundhogs have yet found it.
- This last includes chipmunks, gophers, marmots, and prairie dogs.
- Many chipmunks and tree squirrels also exhibit a mating chase during breeding.
- That chosen for chipmunks is a compromise between the speeds reported for foraging chipmunks and migrating lemmings.
- There are lots of birds, chipmunks, red squirrels, snakes and there was even a tree frog at our site.
- At the small animal shed, which is home to lambs, goats, rabbits, chinchillas, as well as chipmunks, rats, mice and polecats, youngsters are encouraged to stroke and pet the animals.
- Small rodents, such as hamsters, squirrels, chipmunks, mice, and rabbits, do not typically carry rabies.
- He personally has freeze-dried weasels, deer, chipmunks, squirrels, guinea pigs, chinchillas, ferrets, and more.
- No subject was ever used more than once in the experiments; the total number of subjects involved was 30 chipmunks and 30 deer mice.
- The sweet nut within the acorns is coveted by songbirds, ground birds, small mammals like squirrels and chipmunks, and even deer.
- The raccoons made it through the long winter as their nightly raids on our bird feeders attest, and we all know that nothing gets the best of the squirrels and chipmunks!
- Squirrels and chipmunks move through the forest in a similar fashion.
- For example, yellow pine chipmunks and deer mice pilfer each other's cached seeds under wet conditions.
- In chipmunks, with internal cheek pouches, losses can amount to 60% of the preformed and metabolic water available from the seeds harvested.
- He caught chipmunks whose cheek pouches were so stuffed with lodgepole pine seeds that not one more would fit.
- Even though we're on the edge of a major city, our yard is populated by a variety of mice, moles, squirrels, chipmunks and opossums.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.