In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cebollinos River Platecebolletas River Plateciboulettes River Plate
- Toss a handful of chive blossoms on top of your salad tonight.
- So if you plant 20 or 25 chive plants, then you never have to buy chives again.
- On an outside window sill, basil, thyme, bay, chervil, sage, chives and marjoram will grow happily in a pot.
- Plant seedlings of basil, chives, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sage, and thyme.
- Planting too early in mild climates allows too long a time for clove formation, and the plants may form a bush that looks more like a chive plant.
- I like rosemary, thyme, mint, marjoram or chive flowers tossed over dishes made from eggs, vegetables or cheese.
- Add decorative and edible flower heads to your salads, such as nasturtiums, marigold petals, violas and chive flowers.
- The site is a former dairy farm, now given over to a variety of herbs - ranging from basil, parsley, coriander and chives to edible flowers and mixed salad leaves.
- There is nothing better than having fresh herbs on hand for cooking and marjoram, thyme, sage, chives, rosemary, parsley and basil will all thrive on a windowsill.
- Sow herbs, including basil, chives, coriander and marjoram in the garden or in windowsill pots.
- In the summer find burdock, turnips, cucumbers, mint, lemon grass, Chinese chive, soybeans and coriander.
- I also gave the potted plants (rosemary, chives, oregano and garlic) a bit more compost and a top dressing of bark chips to smarten them up, keep down the weeds and help with water retention.
- Some easy-to-grow annual herbs that can be transplanted to your garden next spring include basil, dill, oregano, chives, coriander, and anise.
- I had wormwood, soapwort, dill, yarrow, tarragon, chives, rosemary, lavender, angelica, many kinds of basil and thymes.
- The tomatoes, aubergines and peppers are coming along in the greenhouse, as are the herbs Rosemary sowed about 10 days ago - thyme, sweet basil, chives and parsley.
- Today I've planted a tray each of curly parsley, plain parsley and chive seeds and pricked out all the rudbekia and most of the Viola (Johnny Jump Up) seedlings into modules.
- Compact herbs such as chives, dwarf basil, lavender, and oregano fit nicely into the openings of concrete blocks.
- A few chives and a chive flower, plus a some mint leaves from a plant that is quickly recovering from a recent near-death experience.
- The Herb Garden includes 20 varieties, such as basil, lemon grass, hot and sweet peppers, chives, rosemary and much, much more.
- If he's fixing a salad, he steps outside the back door and snips from the beds of lemon thyme, garlic chives, parsley, and mint to add to the mix of lettuces he grows from spring to fall.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.