- A chemical reaction takes place between sodium, potassium and magnesium chlorides from salt with calcium oxides and hydroxide from soil to form calcium chloride.
- Heating with alkyl chlorides gives a mixture of the mono and the dialkyl aniline.
- Leachate typically contains organic compounds together with metal chlorides and sulphates, and has a high chemical oxygen demand due to the presence of reducing species.
- The carboxyl group is fairly reactive, and carboxyl group-containing compounds can undergo nucleophilic substitution to form many useful derivatives such as acid chlorides, anhydrides, esters, and amides.
- Inorganic anions such as chloride, nitrate and sulphate can be separated in about five minutes.