In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1collar corredizo masculine
- Tanj gasped, and panted, trying hard to recover her breath, to hold herself in a position where the choke chain didn't make it more difficult than it already was.
- When using a training collar or choke chain, however, it is very important to fit it correctly, and to use a size that is neither too big nor too small for your shih tzu dog.
- Never put a choke chain on a young pup, and if you use one on an older dog, remove it as soon as the training session is over.
- I slapped in the cuff I'd grabbed (a green leather one with studs) and the choke chain dog collar I used as a necklace.
- MAX the dog was gasping for breath with a choke chain getting tighter round his neck - and his owner could only watch helplessly.
- His dog is mostly black, with no light markings, and has a silver choke chain.
- He would have made an excellent official, maybe even governor of the Bank of England, but was never going to have the right instincts to pull on Greg's choke chain.
- I felt choked, as if someone had just placed a choke chain around my neck.
- And with that he pulled his flat cap firmly down over his eyes, gave Nicole (his whippet) a sharp tug on her choke chain and strode off manfully back towards Hollywood.
- Vet Monique Strange, who runs the Companion Care surgery with husband Malcolm Rose in Cambridge, said: ‘I've heard of dogs swallowing some strange things, but never a choke chain.’
- At one point she said, ‘I feel like I'm on a leash with a choke chain.’
- Never leave a training collar or choke chain on your dog when unattended.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.