In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The World Health Organisation has already warned about major illnesses like cholera.
- Malaria, cholera, typhoid and polio are all endemic in the region.
- Storm flooding regularly kills tens of thousands and spreads epidemic diseases like cholera.
- There's a lot of disease raging across the board from cholera to malaria to measles.
- Pasteur went on to discover vaccinations for chicken pox, cholera, diphtheria, anthrax and rabies.
- This is likely to be a logistical problem in areas where diarrhoea is common and coexists with cholera.
- In 1832 the Central Board of Health issued public advice to Londoners on how to abort the early symptoms of cholera.
- Cash raised will help victims of the conflict by supplying clean water to combat the spread of diseases like cholera.
- Some camps will become unreachable, and there will be an increased possibility of malaria and cholera outbreaks.
- Many of these regions also suffer from epidemics of other infectious diseases such as cholera and malaria.
- The role of global environmental change on diseases such as malaria, dengue fever, and cholera has been well documented.
- The flood victims face the danger of epidemics of cholera, dysentery, malaria and other diseases.
- You do hear about outbreaks of things like cholera and dysentery as well as malaria.
- Doctors there were seeing many cases of diarrhoeal disease and feared epidemics of dysentery and cholera.
- Vibrio vulnificus is a bacterium in the same family as those that cause cholera.
- The Narrator escapes from the city in order to avoid being infected by cholera.
- The International Red Cross, said it was concerned about waterborne diseases like malaria and cholera.
- For them, water borne diseases such as diarrhea, dysentery and cholera are a constant threat.
- Epidemics of botulism and cholera exacted a heavy toll on waterfowl in the West.
- Thus cholera and typhoid, both water-borne diseases, may have been two early biological warfare agents.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.