In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The only way to discover if you have high cholesterol is from a blood test, since there are no outward symptoms.
- These decrease the amount of cholesterol in the blood but increase the amount of cholesterol in the bile.
- I didn't know what good cholesterol was and bad cholesterol and what the numbers were supposed to be.
- You may be more likely to have type II diabetes if you have high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
- In some people an increase in LDL cholesterol is accompanied by raised triglyceride levels.
- It takes cholesterol away from the cells and back to the liver, where it's either broken down or excreted.
- The two most important lipids in your blood are cholesterol and triglyceride.
- However, dietary cholesterol does not contribute much to blood cholesterol in most people.
- Nephrotic syndrome also features abnormally high levels of blood cholesterol.
- It is also important to have levels of blood cholesterol and blood pressure lowered.
- They contain a soluble fiber that mops up the precursors of cholesterol in the body.
- Serum samples were lipaemic with raised concentrations of cholesterol and triglycerides.
- The best way to prevent high blood cholesterol is to eat a healthy balanced diet low in animal fats.
- It is essential for healthy cells but too much cholesterol in the blood can lead to heart disease.
- The body can make all the cholesterol it needs without having to take in any additional cholesterol from the food we eat.
- Other drugs reduce levels of blood cholesterol or control blood pressure.
- Statins are a group of drugs used for lowering the levels of LDL cholesterol in the body.
- Yoghurt has other benefits for the body too, including an ability to quell cholesterol in the blood stream.
- Men eating white bread saw no change in the amount of cholesterol in their blood streams.
- They are also rich in vitamins C and E and are known to lower blood cholesterol.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.