In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These decrease the amount of cholesterol in the blood but increase the amount of cholesterol in the bile.
- However, dietary cholesterol does not contribute much to blood cholesterol in most people.
- The body can make all the cholesterol it needs without having to take in any additional cholesterol from the food we eat.
- Men eating white bread saw no change in the amount of cholesterol in their blood streams.
- Nephrotic syndrome also features abnormally high levels of blood cholesterol.
- The two most important lipids in your blood are cholesterol and triglyceride.
- Yoghurt has other benefits for the body too, including an ability to quell cholesterol in the blood stream.
- I didn't know what good cholesterol was and bad cholesterol and what the numbers were supposed to be.
- Serum samples were lipaemic with raised concentrations of cholesterol and triglycerides.
- The only way to discover if you have high cholesterol is from a blood test, since there are no outward symptoms.
- It takes cholesterol away from the cells and back to the liver, where it's either broken down or excreted.
- Statins are a group of drugs used for lowering the levels of LDL cholesterol in the body.
- They are also rich in vitamins C and E and are known to lower blood cholesterol.
- Other drugs reduce levels of blood cholesterol or control blood pressure.
- It is essential for healthy cells but too much cholesterol in the blood can lead to heart disease.
- In some people an increase in LDL cholesterol is accompanied by raised triglyceride levels.
- You may be more likely to have type II diabetes if you have high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
- It is also important to have levels of blood cholesterol and blood pressure lowered.
- The best way to prevent high blood cholesterol is to eat a healthy balanced diet low in animal fats.
- They contain a soluble fiber that mops up the precursors of cholesterol in the body.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.