In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(for logs) tajo masculine(for meat) tabla de carnicero feminine(for meat) tajo masculine
- Brian laughed, put the can away, then carried on scrubbing and hosing down his chopping block.
- Here's an easy way to peel the parchment skin from garlic: Place the clove on a chopping block and slice off the root end.
- The island is topped with a chopping block, making it suitable for meal prep or as a dining surface for informal meals.
- Luke looked up and seeing Marie, lodged the axe in the chopping block and went to her.
- I dumped a load of chopped wood on the pile and returned to the chopping block.
- Here, there were no rules to follow, no orders to carry out, just the simple feel of an ax in his hand, striking hard against the chopping block.
- This leaves the chopping block as his best seating option even though it is a little lower and thus less comfortable than a proper chair.
- This look was mirrored by the checkerboard effect of the chopping block, built into the Pierta Condosa countertop.
- With a resounding thud, Hoss set the block of seasoned cedar up on the big chopping block.
- The Circus Tavern is a two-room establishment with a bar the size of a butcher's chopping block.
- Hagstock is local dialect for a wooden chopping block for cutting firewood on.
- Most fascinating was Radja's knife technique - she sliced everything in her hand, not on a chopping block.
- To complete the look add a solid beech chopping block and a new ceramic sink.
- To cut wood, use the contact method taught by the Boy Scouts: lay the edge of the hatchet or ax on the end of the wood, parallel to the grain, then strike them against your chopping block.
- As one juror remarked, this space, with its stone walls, beamed ceiling, and antique maple chopping block, brings a South American estancia to mind.
- You can add specialized covers and ledges for other tasks (such as a chopping block that fits over one side).
- There was a fire pit and a chopping block a little ways from the tent.
- Before a term begins, new towels replace old ones and the outer layer of a chopping block is planed down.
- All you really need is a couple of pans, a frying pan, a roasting tray, a couple of chopping blocks and a few decent knives.
- For the island top, I ordered a 3 by 5-foot chopping block of sustainably harvested Oregon madrone from a supply store in Portland.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.