In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Her choreography, not designed to be easy, is handled very well by the company and makes a thrilling evening in the theatre.
- Lerman's professional company carried the three choreographies requiring strong technique and they interpreted their material well.
- Seeing his choreographies is always a treat, but attending a talk at the Candian Centre for Architecture with American choreographer William Forsythe gave followers extra insight to Forsythe as choreographer and as a person.
- Performances by Susan Daniel, Elaine Dunbar and Dawn Sadoway were flawless and the height of craft - as was the music and choreography.
- The choreography, music, lighting and most of all the dancing all combined to convey this pain.
- The dancing and choreography of Camille Stubel and the cast creates an additional dimension of humour and fluidity in the play.
- A simple piece with meaningful choreography that your dancers can perform well is better than a flashy number that's beyond their abilities.
- Rather than learning set choreographies, students are encouraged to develop an understanding of the music and traditional movements, and to use this as a foundation for their own personal expression and creativity.
- For next year's Hamburg Ballet Days, Jiri will contribute several choreographies of his own.
- The Royal Ballet has won audiences for 70 years now with its own choreographies.
- Stroman's endlessly inventive choreography blends many forms of dance - from ballroom to jazz to ballet - into an idiom that's both witty and muscular.
- The second act was a continuous display of skilled dancing and complicated choreography, originally designed by Lev Ivanov of the Russian Ballet at the turn of the 19th century.
- Live music, powerful choreography and a simple performance style allow a modern audience to experience Shakespeare's great love story as an Elizabethan audience might have done.
- An essential element of Ballet Central's programmes are new choreographies from emerging and established choreographers as well as new scores from composer and Musical Director Philip Feeney.
- The portion of the case dealing with rights to Graham's choreography might be heard as early as this fall.
- Rounding off the night are two short but powerful choreographies, Kaamos and Arbos, making their Canadian debut in this show, which runs until June 2 at Place des Arts.
- Farrell's sense of discovery in every step and her sheer generosity of spirit within the very different choreographies of these three masters make her living example invaluable.
- His choreography surrendered to gravity and dealt in angles and broken lines as well as broken phrases.
- Part of Les Grands Ballets Canadiens' program is the series Les Grands Européens, which features choreographies by Duato, transplanted American William Forsythe and Czech artist Jiri Kylian.
- Performing her own modern choreography at The Juilliard School rekindled her drive.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.