In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cristiano masculinecristiana feminine
- How may the teaching both of Jesus and of the evangelists be related to Christian theology today?
- Tragically, this decline can be seen throughout the professing Christian church.
- The art and nature of personal evangelism were considered, showing it to be a Christian duty.
- The main point is that Christian disciples knew they were bound together in a family.
- The sinlessness of Christ is an indispensable doctrine of the Christian faith and lying is sin.
- In many otherwise fine reformed churches there is just no Christian literature on view.
- At Christmas they celebrate Christian activities such as Nativity plays and carol singing.
- He was one of the founders of the Christian Coptic Orthodox church in Solihull, Birmingham.
- In every Christian church you can find a handful of true Christians who are serving God.
- Be patient and pray earnestly and faithfully for your Christian brother or sister.
- As a minister of the church he is bound to preach on the basis of Christian teaching.
- This has implications for all sorts of areas of Christian life, including evangelism.
- At the Council of Jerusalem, the whole future of the Christian church was at stake.
- The churches are full of young Christian men who cannot find Christian wives.
- Ultimately for him, all social planning had to be evaluated in the light of the Christian gospel.
- There is no greater need here than for dedicated Christian leaders trained by an Evangelical institution.
- It promotes Christian morality and teaching, and encourages the development of leadership.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ is a cardinal doctrine of the Christian faith.
- They rejected Reformed teaching and preached a form of Christian perfectionism.
- Now we may see the great Christian doctrine that in Christ God somehow or other acted to save the world.
- He was a very fine young man with a great sense of fairness and Christian compassion.
- By this stage Scriven had settled in a part of Ontario and was known for his acts of Christian kindness.
- Others say children in care should always have been given priority by church schools on grounds of Christian fairness.
- Christian honesty demands that we allow each tradition to tell its own story - the denominational differences are great enough without creating false differences through caricature.
- But Christian honesty majors on being honest with the ones who really count: God and yourself.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.