In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1media o calcetín en que se colocan los regalos de Navidad
- However, mobile phones are landing in the Christmas stockings of younger and younger children.
- It's definitely one for the Christmas stocking.
- An updated version was released last year and a third version will hit the shops next month, just in time to fill those Christmas stockings.
- Everything from artificial trees, Christmas stockings, angels, and ornaments adorning homes in the US, Europe and elsewhere are more likely to come from China than any other country.
- When we were kids, my Aunt Joan knitted Christmas stockings for everybody in the family.
- Plett also sells other home-crafted items such as Christmas stockings and beeswax candles, and this year will offer cards and books.
- Three quarters of Irish men are hoping to find their Christmas stocking filled with a CD, DVD or video and electronic goods such as TVs, video players or DVD players.
- Our Christmas stockings and star-shaped pillows, made from rayon velvet, are embossed with leaves and geometric shapes.
- Under a toy reindeer was a shiny pillow shaped like a Christmas stocking.
- The hard-working crewmembers of the International Space Station are so confident they're in Santa's good graces; they're showing off their Christmas stockings to the world.
- One said: ‘I'm wondering whether to get it for my Christmas stocking next year or just to wait until it goes into Bargain Books.’
- Unruly children have traditionally been threatened with coal instead of presents in their Christmas stockings.
- Oranges were once the staple of Christmas stockings.
- But I wasn't about to stuff gift certificates into Christmas stockings.
- She spent many hours knitting toys and other beautiful novelties for any children she knew, and one of her many specialities was knitting beautiful Christmas stockings and Santas.
- It's the darkest time of the year and the opportunist thief is probably out and about looking to fill his Christmas stocking just as you are.
- The range includes favourites such as Santa Claus tree hangings, smiling snowmen and bright berry wreaths, as well as decorative velvet tree skirts and ornate beaded velvet Christmas stockings.
- On the floor, Linus dashed after his bouncy new chew toy and Caesar savaged a very wily new catnip mouse, but up on the bed, Rowena and Sammy went through their Christmas stockings and opened their gifts.
- All types of craft will be on display from Christmas stockings and cards to woodturning and jewellery.
- Clothes and music are two things I'd like to see in my Christmas stocking.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.