In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cromo masculinebefore noun chromium plating — cromado masculine
- Common alloys used for this purpose include molybdenum and chromium in addition to manganese and carbon.
- The metal can be, for example, titanium, tantalum, chromium, aluminium or tungsten.
- Metal oxides such as chromium, iron, copper, or manganese, are used to colour glass, and the shades range from a light green to deep blue to topaz yellow.
- However, nickel alloys containing chromium, titanium and aluminum will form a thin oxide film.
- The most common of the special elements added to cast iron are nickel, chromium, copper and molybdenum.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.