1cromo masculinebefore noun chromium plating — cromado masculine
- The metal can be, for example, titanium, tantalum, chromium, aluminium or tungsten.
- Metal oxides such as chromium, iron, copper, or manganese, are used to colour glass, and the shades range from a light green to deep blue to topaz yellow.
- However, nickel alloys containing chromium, titanium and aluminum will form a thin oxide film.
- Common alloys used for this purpose include molybdenum and chromium in addition to manganese and carbon.
- The most common of the special elements added to cast iron are nickel, chromium, copper and molybdenum.