In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This study would form the basis for cancer chronotherapy, which aims in drug administration at appropriate timing according to the circadian rhythms of cancer cell susceptibility which will avoid adverse effects of chemotherapy.
- Western medicine uses the understanding of chronotherapy to treat illness more effectively.
- Chapter 6 deals with circadian rhythm and chronotherapy of asthma medications.
- Still, when observing how ancient Chinese medicine understood chronotherapy, one cannot help but be impressed by the similarities with the discoveries of modern research.
- Other illnesses that may benefit from chronotherapy include hay fever, which is worst in the morning.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.