- This study would form the basis for cancer chronotherapy, which aims in drug administration at appropriate timing according to the circadian rhythms of cancer cell susceptibility which will avoid adverse effects of chemotherapy.
- Western medicine uses the understanding of chronotherapy to treat illness more effectively.
- Chapter 6 deals with circadian rhythm and chronotherapy of asthma medications.
- Still, when observing how ancient Chinese medicine understood chronotherapy, one cannot help but be impressed by the similarities with the discoveries of modern research.
- Other illnesses that may benefit from chronotherapy include hay fever, which is worst in the morning.