In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Mr Crump, who is a regular churchgoer, does not believe in Sunday shopping.
- She was a regular churchgoer, visiting the Nazarene Church on South End Street every Wednesday and Sunday.
- Previously, many people were passive, conformist churchgoers, experiencing church as a television without a remote control.
- Although he is a Sabbath walker rather than a regular churchgoer, Berry is no stranger to either church or seminary, although he admits to feeling strange in both places.
- Most churchgoers vote, and share family and community values.
- Now he's a regular churchgoer and the father of three children from his second marriage.
- There was a mood of sombre but affectionate reflection at Easter Sunday services as churchgoers mourned Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother who had died the previous day.
- It is not clear if Matt is himself an active churchgoer or a believer, but he is hardly dismissive of his father's faith.
- Washington, always a churchgoer but never a communicant, was among those who often spoke of the ‘great Ruler of events,’ but never of Jesus Christ.
- On my way out of church recently, a fellow churchgoer struck up a conversation with me.
- It is the fastest growing section of the Anglican Church, with more than one third of Anglican churchgoers claiming to be Evangelicals.
- Gray, a former Harrogate choirboy and more recently a regular churchgoer in Newcastle, posed as a priest to rob the woman in her own home.
- ‘Church on Sunday, Work on Monday’ tries to explain why churches have done such a poor job relating to churchgoers as working people.
- Now the vast majority of people do not go to church and only the children of churchgoers go to Sunday school.
- If you are a regular churchgoer and believe that love should stay within the parameters set by religion, these online dating sites for Christians provide just what you desire.
- How many churchgoers really believe, as matter of historical fact, that Jesus instituted the mass?
- It is believed that thousands of clergy and churchgoers are among the 350,000 British members of the Masons.
- Ten years later, he was asked by a member of his United Methodist church to transport the churchgoer's son to Tranquility Bay in Jamaica.
- Church leaders have reassured churchgoers that services this weekend will go ahead despite the fire damage to the entrance hall.
- This is the tremendous error of our time-that all churchgoers who make a profession of faith in Christ are continually forgiven.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.