- Only a churl would deny anyone the consolation of hope.
- The nation's professional churl had finally been forced to button his lip.
- Dalglish, throughout, behaved admirably and only churls later questioned his decision to quit Anfield.
- I hated him before, but now the miserable churl only has my most profound pity!
- I jarred him awake and made my apologies to her before dragging the very intoxicated churl into his room.
- He seems to delight in being a churl, but his disrespectful comments about Babe Ruth demonstrated his ignorance of baseball history.
- Not since the days when a churl suffered extravagant penalties for offending a Norman lord have we seen such disparities of treatment within our justice system.
- Only a churl would wish to detract from the inspired performances of competitors in cycling, swimming and gymnastics.
- The good yeomen and thespians who put on the River City Shakespeare Festival are in need of a few knaves, churls, gentlemen and gentlewomen to volunteer as well.
- Fans of studio politics everywhere understand that while Harvey's a boor, Bob is merely churlish, and boors hardly ever stand down for churls.
- Only a churl would refuse to acknowledge the president's success in crafting national unity out of catastrophe, and even liberals have been obliged to pay tribute.
- It is one of the great unsolved contradictions in life that a people so universally helpful, friendly and cheerful should turn into churls when at the wheel of a tractor.
- I tell the bar girl to fetch him the good stuff from the small casks, not the maroon vinegar we serve the churls, then sit next to him.
- ‘Only a churl would deny anyone the consolation of hope,’ writes Philip Kennicott in The Washington Post.
- She proudly talked of herself as the one who set the bones in his nose, and said she had been waiting to see what churl hurt him without reason.
- If I may, Lord, who is the churl you drag with you?
- The first thing he did was holler, ‘Quiet down you churls!’
- He regularly behaves like a churl with the media and elicits mixed feelings inside his own clubhouse.
- It is, in fact, an exceptionally charming story, and even hard-hearted churls will find themselves smiling with beatific indulgence by the end of it.