In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The cineplex will feature stadium seating and wall-to-wall screens.
- The film boasts an emotional honesty all too rarely seen at cineplexes these days.
- The audience were well-groomed types who usually crowd cineplexes for Hollywood movies and stay away from theatrical performances.
- I'm for any movie that sparks debate and thought outside of the cineplex.
- I may actually pay the eight bucks to see one of your movies at the cineplex.
- Action films abound in cineplexes across the world, providing audience members with a brief adrenaline rush and occupying ninety minutes of their time.
- Theater owners worry that folks will find it easier - and cheaper - to wait for the DVD rather than brave the lines at their cineplex.
- The site will also contain 50 retail units, multi-storey and underground parking and a six-screen cineplex.
- There are really only three action movies hitting the cineplexes in the holiday season without franchise credentials.
- There were many other films out there besides the ‘family’ films being churned out at the local cineplex.
- Mental illness is too complex a subject for an hour and a half at the cineplex.
- Our destination, a cineplex, was 10 short blocks away.
- Ballard doesn't go out to his local cineplex but watches rented movies at home.
- Audiences can now partake of French films at their favorite cineplex in the capital.
- Since then, I haven't been back to the cineplex, and I don't think I've even seen more than one or two movies.
- My local cineplex has 12 screens.
- She obviously wanted to spend her Valentine's Day alone because she packed me off to the cineplex.
- They are frequent moviegoers, meaning they travel to the cineplex at least once a month.
- Leaving the cineplex, we crossed the street to the stadium.
- The way it is right now, every film in a cineplex must be made for children to watch.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.