In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1enviar circulares ainformar por medio de circulares a
- A questionnaire will be circularised shortly to help with the planning of a think tank.
- At the same time he persuaded the Committee to circularize popular societies warning them not to fan superstition and fanaticism by persecution.
- The following morning Costello circularised clubs seeking nominations for the post.
- He communicated with shareholders, both by circularizing them and by his detailed interventions at shareholders' meetings.
- In the event, only a few of these reports were completed and circularized to the committee.
- In January 1999, the general secretary circularised regions stating that the campaign was in breach of rules.
- Shareholders in the company were thereafter circularised with the proposals.
- This is a document which we sent to the Court after the draft was circularised.
- The dissenters circularized all shareholders the following week to warn them about the new resolution.
- Some customers locally have been given notice of the impending closure, but not all houses appear to have been circularised as yet.
- Companies, firms, businesses and individuals have been circularised and may contact any of the following regarding sponsorship and/or entries.
- The factors highlighted in this paper which influence local inflation will be fully circularised over the next few months.
- We have circularised here a proposal to allow the prime minister a one-and-a-half day week.
- They only realised the full implications of the story when they were forwarded the e-mail that had been circularised to the national media.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.