In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1circunferencia femininetwo meters in circumference — dos metros de circunferencia
- Each subject was placed in the supine position, and upper arm and wrist circumferences were measured to determine proper cuff size.
- Maternal arm and calf circumferences were measured with plastic-covered fabric measuring tapes and read to the nearest millimeter.
- Men should have a waist circumference less than 40 inches.
- A search for a new teak wood tree of the required circumference and length began.
- You would do better to cut out a large circle of wood and use a tape measure to find its circumference and diameter.
- Measure the circumference of your wrist where the bracelet will be worn.
- The World Health Organization standards for waist and hip circumferences are based on measurements made in the standing position.
- Waist circumferences of 35 inches or greater in women have been associated with increased health risks.
- One commonly used method for quantifying differences in body fat distribution is to measure and comopute the ratio of the waist circumference to the hip circumference.
- After measuring a drum shade, add 1 inch to the circumference and 3 inches to the height.
- He has travelled more than 774,200 miles on trips in Italy and abroad, equivalent to nearly 30 times the circumference of the earth.
- A hailstone with a 7-inch diameter and a circumference of 18.75 inches was recently named the largest hailstone ever recovered in the United States.
- The winner of the under ten category was Scarlet, whose pumpkin had a circumference of 57 inches.
- The circumference of my thighs was reduced by between half and a quarter of an inch.
- The length of the collar should be approximately two inches longer than the circumference of the dog's neck.
- Measure the circumference of your head in inches and see what you get!
- Calculating your body mass index and measuring your waist circumference are two ways to help tell if you're overweight or obese.
- You can walk the entire circumference, a distance of 1.3 km.
- I had to measure the circumference and calculate the diameter to make sure it would fit in and out of my doorway!
- They had these peculiar heels that were of a similar circumference to a ballpoint pen, and were about six inches in depth.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.