In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1circunspección feminine formalcautela feminine
- But after the article below, I think I must be the epitome of caution and circumspection.
- Then he said that one should approach such issues with careful circumspection and logical evaluation.
- Now more than ever, the wise few must proceed cautiously and with circumspection.
- He, however, said that the very nature of the crisis demanded careful collective circumspection.
- I believe some degree of circumspection, if not caution, is warranted.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.