In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This citrus fruit has an invigorating scent that energizes while helping to relieve tension, frustration, irritability and moodiness.
- Cut the citrus fruit in half vertically, and then slice it thinly, peel and all.
- The bouquet is somewhat muted, but it does eventually yield aromas of black pepper and citrus.
- The herbed mixture of sage, thyme and citrus had been carefully blended with softened butter and left to chill and permeate for a few hours.
- In the course of the comment conversation, I mentioned that the recipe could also be made with other citruses, and Meyer lemons in particular.
- Slice thinly or mince the citrus fruit and add water.
- The fertile soil of the valleys produces a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, including citrus, sugarcane, watermelons, bananas, yams, and beans.
- This study provides yet more evidence for the disease-preventive effects of vitamin C and gives us another reason to load up on plenty of foods rich in this nutrient including citrus fruit, broccoli, tomatoes and green peppers.
- Armed with these and some fruit (including the first of winter's citruses, a box of Satsuma mandarins), we headed out to Discovery Park.
- First, if you hope to harvest fruit, choose a naturally acidic citrus, not a sweet orange or grapefruit.
- Barley, wheat, citrus, vegetables, olives, and livestock are produced for subsistence and for trade.
- Learn how to use fresh or dried herbs, spices, zest from citrus fruit and fruit juices to jazz up your meals.
- ‘In the winter, we are very heavy on the citrus, such as mandarin orange,’ reports the restaurant manager.
- Seafood dominates, and flavors of soy, ginger and citrus pulsate through many of the sauces.
- You simply cut the citrus fruit of choice in half, and with little pressing effort the juice magically appears in the container.
- Infestations of grapes are often due to a buildup in other soft fruits such as figs, apricots, peaches, nectarines, or citrus.
- Open the bottle, and one smells a mixed but light scent of different kinds of fruit including orange, citrus and calamondin orange.
- Today, there are 345,000 acres of fields growing asparagus, sugar cane, citrus, mangos, artichokes, avocados, peppers and onions.
- He and hundreds of farmers and their workers are caught up in strict quarantine measures designed to ensure the bacterial disease doesn't spread to the bigger citrus fruit growing areas in other States.
- Extremely pure and flavoursome, the ripe citrus fruit is creamy and delicate with a subtlety and complexity you don't normally expect at this price.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.